Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Pledge and resources

Safer Roads, Safer India. Safer Commutes, Safer Us
Yes! I pledge my support to Safe Roads India and to saving lives on the road.
I will share the road with pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcyclists and large truck/bus drivers.
     I appreciate the value of life, and recognize the power of serving as an example of safe driving. I therefore pledge to observe road safety measures and rules every time I travel.
I will not overtake, over speed, or give into road rage and rash driving.
     I will honk less, stop at the stop line at signals and junctions. Give way to people crossing the street. Give way to traffic to the right of me at junctions, circles.
     I will do this, even when no one is watching me. My conscience will be my guide.
I will be a responsible driver, rider, pedestrian, and cyclist. Responsible, Respectable and Patient Road user.
I will observe the traffic rules and regulations concerning safe driving and safe use of the road.
I will not allow distractions like cell phone, talking, reading to take my focus off the road.
I will always be aware of my surroundings while driving / crossing roads.
I will not drink and drive. Nor take medication or drugs that cause nausea, sleepiness, and slowed movement, inability to focus or pay attention (http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYou/ucm079514.htm).
I will stay alert at the wheel, bike. Alert when on foot.
I will not put others’ lives at risk, if my health is a hazard to driving.
I will ensure the usage of a seatbelt or helmet for all passengers.
• Walking cross road at zebra crossings, after looking at both sides. Or where there is no zebra crossing when the traffic flow is less and in straight lines, perpendicular to the road. Even on one ways will look both ways to make sure, no one going the wrong way before crossing. If no markings, will not cross near corners, where cannot see turning traffic.
I will follow traffic signals and road signs
I will maintain a roadworthy vehicle, and ensure I use indicators, mirrors and lights appropriately at all times.
This is a living document, add your own pledge points for self and others:









I hereby declare my commitment to the Safe Roads India pledge as set out above, to the best of my ability and will actively strive to follow the rules and laws of the road. I also commit to sharing this message with colleagues, family members and friends – because every life matters.
Good day. Website with more information, videos and pictures: http://lp5.in/
Optional: if you like you can email your pledge to tgkprog@gmail.com Do follow and give a copy to your close friends, family and even acquaintances you befriend.
---
Excellent video on safer riding, driving and road sense
This pledge as shareable or down loadable google doc
Google drive with posters https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B4YlSmueg87oWnBsblVFb2Z4dnc
ulsafetysmart web Ul India site   Our facebook group join us!


Video if talking to drivers 2016 Sep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sA2d0JFyQs and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aecO9Yh6nM

 My fav car http://www.autoguide.com/new-cars/ferrari/order-rating-desc/index.html  though would never buy it even if I had the money. Would use for other purposes. But it looks good from far ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment